Dedan Kimathi University of Technology’s mission is “To provide an academically stimulating, culturally diverse and quality learning environment that fosters research, innovation and technology development towards producing relevant technical and managerial human resource and leaders to contribute to attainment of national development goals.”Since inception, the University has stayed true to this mission with her eyes on the ultimate goal of moulding the institution into one that is known for world class research, academic excellence, an exceptional staff and students, and one that harbors the highest level of innovation, creativity, scholarship and enterprises as captured in the University’s philosophy.With the changing times and the challenge of high rate of unemployment, the University has continued to adopt various styles of moulding the students in effort to prepare them adequately for the changing world market and the challenges that come with it.It is in this spirit that DeKUT Office of Career Services has been established with the goal of:
- Supporting students realize their full academic potential
- Producing graduates who are prepared for the world of work and whose character reflects DeKUT core values and philosophy.
- Enhancing the rate of paid employment and self-employment achieved within the first 12 months of graduation.
- Building the career guidance capacity of the staff and the University.
- Enhancing DeKUT’s graduate long-life employment.